Even though the temps are still reaching the mid 90’s during the day here in Austin, it still feels delightfully like fall. I have some friends here who could care less what the weather is and go full boots/tights/scarves as soon as October arrives. I don’t go to that extreme, but am already wearing my favorite slippers around the house in the mornings and nights. I also have found my cooking getting more seasonally appropriate already, just because I can. It got me thinking about my fall favorites…no matter where I have lived…
1. The foliage. Oh how I miss the Hudson Valley at this time of year!! There are a few dry leaves in my yard. I enjoy crunching them, but the trees are still green so its not really the same thing.
2. The cooler temps to wear layers, but not cold enough for jacket weather…well we haven’t gotten there yet, but at night I can now wear a light sweater!
3. Tea. When its not so cold out that I want it to warm up, but cool enough at night that I don’t have to crank up the AC to drink it.
4. Getting dark earlier. I may be in the minority on this one, but it makes the evenings feel cozier and its not dark so early yet that its annoying.
5. Pumpkin flavored everything, halloween candy, pies and root vegetables. All so very tasty.
What are your favorites of the season?