I have gathered a round up of fun trends for Spring 2018. There of course, oodles of trends forecast from the runways every season, these are a few that caught my attention and made me want to share them.
If you are curious about how to wear them at any age, watch Episode #52 of Friday Live with Sierra!
Spring 2018 Trends
1. Saturated Colors and Pastels – yellow, bright pink, pink + red together and orchid seemed to be the most dominant.
2. Sheer – dresses, plastic jackets and skirts, tops, skirts. Worn over slips or lingerie. There were also many see through shoes and bags.
3. Mixed prints – you can go crazy with pattern mixing this season!
4. Fringe – it was everywhere from clothing to accessories. But not a boho fringe this season, more of a girly fringe.
5. Sports wear and utilitarianism mixed in with more feminine pieces.
6. Jumpsuits in every length, fabric and style. From dressy to sporty, full pants to romper.
7. Volume ruled – puffed sleeves, tulle, ruffles and flounces galore.
8. Fanny packs were all over the place. Face, belted bags are back.
9. Flats – if you prefer heels, go classic pumps. Sneakers, booties, you name the style, it’s available in flats.
10. Jewelry – Ear bling is back with crystals, BIG earrings, hoops and chandeliers dominated the runways! Also what was called Nat Geo Wild Jewelry (I love it!) is trending. Prada and Miu Mui had safari animals, bats and lobsters; Marc Jacobs had all the animals, including fabulous lady bug and alligator necklaces; Brandon Maxwell had cat and horse jewelry; Chloe had animal pendants with cows and skulls and Bottega Venata had beautiful butterflies. Tropicana jewelry was also big with flowers, tassels and fruit galore. Flowers at Alexis Mabille; tassels at Sachin and Babi; bananas at Prada; citrus fruits at Dolce & Gabbana and grapes at Balenciaga.
11. Belting dresses – statement belts were adorning waists all over the place.
12. Bras and corsets as clothing seems to be making an appearance this season. For better or for worse.