5 things that make me so happy, yet I avoid doing
I have been thinking today about how there are very few things in life that make me instantly happy, take less that 30 minutes to do and cost nothing (because I always already have everything). Yet these are the things that I put off until I cringing from not doing them. Here are my top 5 and a vow to try and do them more ofter:
1. Painting my toenails. Just a simple color change at home makes me bizarrely happy and it’s just not done enough.
2. Changing the sheets. Clean sheet night is my favorite night of the week. Now that we have 2 dogs instead of 1, I’m thinking it may need to happen twice a week. Because dog hair.
3. Vacuuming. My most procrastinated task…and yet its such a good feeling after it’s done. Due to all the rain and therefore mud, I have been doing it more frequently and feel that it just makes life more pleasant.
4. Running. I actually wrote a paper for a philosophy class in college about why I deny myself something that brings me so much happiness. Here I am, so many years later…still doing it.
5. Cleaning off the pile on my desk. It takes minutes to go through the pile of notes and papers that accumulate. I instantly feel more pulled together and should do it daily…yet there it sits.
What are the simple little things that bring you instant happiness…that you really should do more often?